Reversing the Numbness

Thursday, February 7, 2008

More Business

Long time no talk! The good news is, I've finished my book, and my consulting gig is nearing its end. I look forward to getting back to my normal crazy schedule and hanging out more with you, my blogging peeps.

The reason for my post today is to talk about my latest campaign to get the word business into the lexicon of youthful slang. Unfortunately, since my post in September, the use of the word doesn't seem to have spread much. So I've decided to call out the big guns.

I sent an e-mail describing the term to a friend who's good friends with Rob and Big. He forwarded it to Dyrdek. The examples I used in the e-mail:

"Fettucini Alfredo? That's some good business right there."
"Man, I gotta change my jeans, I got all kinds of business up in these pockets."
"You got so much crusty business in your eyes you could bake an apple pie."

I feel like this could be businesses big break. If Rob reads the e-mail and sees how good of a word it is, he may say it on his television show. The kids will start saying it instantly.

So I have hope. Even though my friend said Rob's horrible at e-mail and I'll probably never hear from him.

10 comments:

Mom! Toilets blogged! said...

Dang Sleek! I'm campaigning for the word JUNK right now.

"Pull up your pants, I can see your JUNK"

"That bee-aatch has got some JUNK in her trunk"

Lets go into the JUNK BUSINESS todays youth are suckers for JUNK BUSINESS.

Mom!

HopSkipJump said...

What the hell? How did I miss that last post? That's some crazy business!

I'm on it. I figure I just need to refer to EVERYTHING as business for two months and it will become a regular staple in my lexicon. You start it on the east coast and I'll start it on the west.

Susan Chipley said...

IF: You have no idea how this word can just take over. I thought it was a bit silly at first, but I noticed "business" creeping into my thoughts. Before I knew it, I was saying it out loud.

mom!: Now that's some funny business!

SleekPelt said...

mom: Man, you're on to something, but I might change it a little bit. Junky business. I like that.

IF: YES! Now you're talking! Get it going in the Northwest....

dm: You tell 'em.

Rob Zero said...

Finished your book?

I'm just worried that I'll be too embarrassed to go to one of those creepy adult bookstores to get it.

Admin said...

can't wait till you're back more often. i've been gone too..... it sucks! but moving requires all sorts of transitions.... back to normal soon!

Anonymous said...

"Check out Stewart's line in the whoops? He jumps in, three deep, then gets his business together, and jumps all the way out!"

"Wow, there are a lot of girls in the pits! You see that business in front of the Gibbs hauler?"

"Man, it looks rough in the draft at Daytona. Stewart has his business all over the track."

"That Chinese buffet is on it! You see all the business on there?"

*dalyn said...

im going out for dinner and a movie tonight. i'll lay it down a few times for ya. 'bizzness' definately fits into my lingo.
im an advid rob and big fan... ill let ya know if he drops it on any future show... *d

SleekPelt said...

rob: I get a comp copy -- I'll just send that your way!

vesper: Life takes over sometimes, doesn't it? Nice to see you again.

hattica: Man, you're a pro! See my latest post, please.

dalyn: I'm forever in debt to you. I expect a full report.

Zee said...

Hmmmmmm. I like it. I'll do my part to discreetly insert it into EC slang. Of course, I'll credit you, Sleek, when appropriate.