Reversing the Numbness

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

UFO

I was driving home from Lowe's at about 5:45 this evening, moving toward my house on South Pierpont Road, when the strangest thing happened. After 34 years, I've had my first experience that I just can't explain. (Not including the time I dated that girl Kim. I'm not sure what that was about, either.)

An oddly bright pink or orange ball of light flew past my car, in front of me, like a bird would, about a foot or two off of the ground. I couldn't tell how big it was -- maybe softball or soccer-ball sized. It was moving very fast, much faster than a bird.

My first thought was: Was that one of those red laser-light pointers? But it wasn't. I mean, it absolutely was not on the ground. It was in the air. And it was bigger, and the color was way different. I think the color may have been the strangest thing about it. It gave me chills.

A couple of hours later, at home, the remote control for my iPod speaker dock fell off the TV and landed in the dogs' water bowl. And when I looked in the room, nobody was there! I'm wondering if the incidents were related.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you have to quit watching Ghost Hunters.

Eric said...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=130565188&blogID=220257533&MyToken=e855e28c-b344-447b-9fd7-7ffc89655c01

this will blow...your...mind...

SleekPelt said...

Hmmm. Okay, that's weirder than a little glowing ball.

SleekPelt said...

My wife told me that there's an old cemetery right by where I saw that weird light, so Billy, maybe I'll call Ghost Hunters after all.

By the way, I've named the light Roy. Roy Orb.

Anonymous said...

That "Rubber Johnny" video is creepy as hell. Thankfully, it's not real! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_Johnny

Now, as for Roy...