Reversing the Numbness

Thursday, January 25, 2007

More Thoughts on Roy

If you've read my previous post and the comments, you'll know that I've named the mysterious "light" I saw a couple of nights ago Roy. (Roy Orb, to be exact.) I'd like to clear up a couple of things about this.

First, I'm not joking about this; it happened just like I said. I don't know for sure what shape it was, and after driving back by there yesterday, I can't even remember exactly where it happened. But it did happen.

Also, I know there have been a lot of reports about mysterious lights in the sky, and the Air Force has taken responsibility for these. What I saw was right in front of me, not in the sky, so I think we're talking about different things altogether. I guess it depends on just what kinds of weapons they're testing.

Next, after talking it over with my co-worker Billy, I stumbled upon a possible explanation. Based on the way the light moved, and its speed, it could have possibly been an arrow painted with some sort of glow-in-the-dark paint. I'm not sure how glow-in-the-dark paint works, but if it's like other glow-in-the-dark stuff, I assume it would need some sort of light to "ignite" it. So, maybe, somebody was in the woods with a flashlight and a painted arrow and they decided they were going to try to mess with the next sucker to drive by.

If that unlikely but at least possible scenario happened, then the bastards were successful, because I can't seem to stop thinking about this.

Other possible explanations are quite welcome.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

An arrow painted with glow in the dark paint? Interesting.

SleekPelt said...

If you have something better, I'm all ears.

SleekPelt said...

My friend G2theLow was confused by the arrow scenario, so let me clarify that I'm suggesting it could have been shot out of a bow.

Also, perhaps there was a glow-stick affixed to the arrow as opposed to paint. This thing was much too bright to be glowing paint, I think.

I realize this is a stretch, but at least it makes some sense.

Eric said...

perhaps a group of genetically mutated fireflies, capable of withstanding frigid temperatures with the ability to move at supersonic speed.

SleekPelt said...

Finally! An explanation that makes sense. Nice sleuthing, spooge.

getto said...

If it flashed in front of your car at night, then it definitly could have been an arrow. The light from your headlights could have flashed off of the chrome shaft of an arrow. Being that deer hunting is in season (or not far gone), it is plausible. Many people here hunt illegally, especially on private property. I had someone shoot out my passengers side car window while in Kansas. It was in the plains so I attributed it to a hunting accident.
I like spooge's mutated firefly theory better, tho.

SleekPelt said...

Hey, getto! My mother-in-law came up with the theory that it could have been a paintball, and I thought that was the best theory I'd heard yet. Then I saw my friend Travis at the book store the other night, and he lives withing a couple hundred yards of where it happened. I mentioned it to him, and the paintball theory, and then he sealed it: his car has been nailed by a paintball as it sat in his driveway. So I think the case is closed -- it was a near miss by a paintball, and my headlights illuminated tne neon paint, giving it a glowing effect. That must be what it was