A while back I made a post about my distaste for poser "rockers" KISS. I typically try to stay as positive as possible, but this evening I've decided to talk about another band from that era that I simply can't stand: Yes.
Yes, I hate Yes.
Yes, they can play their instruments. Yes, their music was complicated stuff. But did it actually sound good? To me, hell no.
In fact, the best thing I can say about Yes is that they had really cool album covers. Beyond that, I think they suck toads.
So I've decided to make a list of some songs that I would honest-to-god rather listen to than any Yes song.
- Air Supply's "All Out of Love"
- Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart," written by Air Supply
- Juice Newton's "Angel of the Morning"
Melissa Manchester's "Don't Cry Out Loud" (this one took some soul searching, but I'm pretty sure it goes on this list)Robbie Dupree's "Hot Rod Hearts"
- Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Sexy"
- Milli Vanilli's "Girl, I'm Gonna Miss You"
- Ugly Kid Joe's remake of "Cat's in the Cradle"
- George Thorogood's "Bad to the Bone" (also took soul searching)
Extreme's "Hole Hearted"Meatloaf's "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad"
- Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire"